And of course, the look wasn't the only thing about these little ones. The sweetness of apple confiture and creamy almond and cheese filling was so spot on! In fact, it was so good that I scoffed one when we came back home at 1 o'clock in the morning! (guess where we were... no...not partying... we were in IKEA for 5 hours!!!)
Here is how these little treats are made...
Sweet pastry 1
Cream cheese 200g
Apple confiture 140g
Almond powder 100g
Apple 1 (cut into 8 pieces)
1. Make sweet pastry (see my lemon meringue tart for the recipe). Line the pastry on each tartlet tin. Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
2. Make the topping. Put sugar in a pan on a low heat. When the sugar is melted, add apple and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Make the filling. Combine all the ingredients for the filling and mix well.
4. Pour the filling mixture evenly into each tartlet case.
5. Put cooked apples on top of 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top of the tartlets are slightly golden.