Yesterday I fancied a comforting Japanese sweet so decided to make some cupcakes with kinako. I mixed kinako in my very easy basic cupcake recipe and used dark brown sugar for a rich taste.
It took me only less than 30 minutes to make this cupcakes which is really handy when you have a little baby. These cupcakes are fairy healthy too that is another good thing when you're watching your diet. (I kind of am... because of breast feeding...)
The cupcakes tasted very "homely" which was just what I was looking for... I loved them, but Andy said "it's not for me..." because he doesn't really like kinako... Ok well, if you like kinako, then that's for you...:)
If you like your cupcake sweet then add more sugar (you can add up to 100g or so...)
Baking powder 1 tsp
Dark brown sugar 50g
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Melt butter.
2. Beat eggs and sugar together until it's light and fluffy.
3. Mix in melted butter into2.
4. Sift flour, kinako, baking powder into 3.
5. Pour the mixture into cupcake tins and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.